This past weekend, my hubby and I were very productive and got a lot of things done, such as:
- Fixed the lawn mower (thanks hubby)
- BAKED these amazing Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
- Cut up the tree that fell in our backyard (thanks hubby)
- Took my adorable niece swimming
- Ate Wegmans subs with my sis and bro-in-law (love Danny’s Favorite)
- Met awesome friends for dinner to eat fried pickles and fish tacos (delicious!)
Hope you had a wonderful weekend! PS. Make these bars… they are chewy and delicious! If you’ve never tried caramel bits before, I found mine at Target. They’re delicious and highly addicting.
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Caramel Bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine brown sugar and melted butter and mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined (use a spatula to scrape down the sides). With a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate and caramel chips.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan (wet your spatula to spread the batter out more easily). Bake about 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
*Adapted from Cooks.com