Guess where I’m going tomorrow? India! I’m traveling to India for work, so as you can imagine, I did not cook this Rigatoni w/ Roasted Cauliflower & Breadcrumbs tonight for dinner. I was too busy packing and going on date night with the hubby. Instead, I made this dish a few days ago for dinner. I love cauliflower and simple pasta dishes, so this was a win-win. It’s the perfect dish to make after a busy day at work because it takes little time to prepare and tastes delicious. I’m hoping to blog a few recipes that I’ve already made while traveling and maybe even post a few pics of India. Enjoy and stay tuned!
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and broken into small florets
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and cracker pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 box Rigatoni
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees and bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower, onion, and garlic with 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast on lower rack until lightly browned and tender, 20 minutes, tossing once.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta and return to pot. Add cauliflower mixture, Parmesan, and parsley to pasta and toss. Add enough pasta water to form a thin sauce that coats pasta. Serve topped with breadcrumbs and Parmesan.
*Adapted from Martha Stewart