My mother-in-law introduced me to baked brie several years ago, and I’m so glad that she did because baked brie inside a large loaf of crusty bread is absolutely amazing! In the spirit of the Christmas season, I decided to make some cranberry sauce to put on top of the baked brie. This cranberry sauce is simple to make and so tasty with a hunk of warm bread and gooey brie cheese. You can top baked brie with whatever jam/jelly/chutney/relish you like. Enjoy Baked Brie w/Cranberry Sauce!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 12-oz bag fresh cranberries (3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 round loaf of bread
- 4 oz. brie
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add cranberries and simmer, stirring occasionally, until berries just pop, 10-12 minutes. Stir in zest, then allow to cool.
- With a serrated bread knife, cut out the middle of the loaf leaving about 1″ around the perimeter and 1″ on the bottom.
- Unwrap the brie and place in the middle of the loaf. Wrap the top of the loaf that was cut out in aluminum foil. Place both on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Scoop cranberry sauce over brie and bake until brie starts to melt, about 30-35 minutes.
- When cool enough to touch, unwrap the top of the bread from the foil and rip apart into pieces. Place bread bowl on a serving plate and place ripped pieces around bowl. Serve immediately.