As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program, Ghirardelli® sent me some Intense Dark chocolates: 72% Twilight Delight, 86% Midnight Reverie, and Sea Salt Soiree. You’ve heard me say before that I’m not a huge fan of chocolate, let alone a bar of chocolate. However, I tried the Sea Salt Soiree and it was amazing. I thought the sea salt in the bar was going to be very small flakes and that texturally, the bar would still taste like a plain bar of chocolate with a salty after taste. Au contraire, the sea salt flakes were large and visible throughout the bar. It reminded me of a Crunch candy bar, but infinitely better. I decided why not crumble these squares up and top on some Pumpkin Oatmeal? The Sea Salt Soiree with the pumpkin was delicious. Enjoy!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 squares of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree Chocolate, crumbled into pieces
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- In a medium sauce pan, bring milk and salt to a boil. Stir in the oats, reduce heat to low, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and pumpkin, cook 2 to 3 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Divide oatmeal into two bowls and top each with brown sugar, chocolate crumbles, and maple syrup.
Adapted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen