Have you guys ever tried this stuff? It’s amazing and I highly recommend that you do. When I first tried sunflower butter, I expected it to taste like peanut butter because that’s what it looks like and is what I’m used to eating, but it definitely doesn’t taste anything like peanut butter because it’s made out of sunflower seeds (duh!). This stuff is so delicious that I decided to make some Sunflower Seed Butter Granola Bars. I added some white chocolate chips, craisins, dried coconut, honey, and of course, sunflower butter. These bars are delicious and oh so easy to make! What is your favorite type of nut butter? Peanut, almond, sunflower, etc.?
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 13×9″ pan with cooking spray.
- Mix oats, white chocolate chips, craisins, coconut, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Add honey and sunflower butter and mix to combine until sticky. If mixture is dry add more honey or sunflower butter, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Press mixture into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting.
*Adapted from How Sweet It Is