I bought these beautiful heirloom tomatoes at the farmer’s market and knew that I had to make Caprese Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes. My basil plants are growing like mad, so this was the perfect recipe to trim them down. I love fresh mozzarella and the combo of fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella is so simple, but delicious. Definitely give this recipe a try!
- 4 heirloom tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, packed
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Fresh cracked pepper and sea salt for seasoning
- Slice tomatoes into 1″ slices. Arrange tomatoes on a decorative plate.
- Slice mozzarella into 1″ slices. Arrange mozzarella slices on top of tomatoes.
- Reserve a couple basil leaves for decoration and set aside. Chop basil and scatter on top of tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top and season with cracked pepper and sea salt.