I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I made these Trail Mix Granola Bars this past weekend. The recipe has been adapted from Jenna’s of Eat, Live, Run. I have to be honest… these bars are amazing and are highly addicting. I literally ate half of them in two days. I am obsessed with these bars because they’re so easy to make and don’t even require you to turn your oven on! I also love these babies because they are healthy; they don’t have any eggs, butter, corn syrup, etc. They have peanut butter and honey to bind them and a bunch of yummy additions like unsweetened coconut, dried fruit, and nuts. You can add whatever fruits or nuts you’d like. They are easy to make and are healthier than the store bought granola bars. You might even save some money too! Enjoy
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dried fruit ( I used a mix of dried berries)
- Combine the honey, vanilla, salt, sugar and peanut butter in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about four minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients. Pour the boiling honey mixture over the oat mixture and toss well.
- Grease a 13 x 9″ pan and press down mixture (I wet my fingers so they weren’t sticking as much).
- Chill in fridge for an hour, or until firm, before cutting into bars.
*Adapted from Eat, Live, Run