You’ve probably heard me ramble on about how much I love peanut butter. It’s definitely one of my favorite things! When I was living in Italy, I didn’t eat peanut butter. You could find it in certain stores, but it was really expensive, and anyways, I was enjoying Italian peanut butter (i.e. Nutella). All was well in the world or at least in my little world in Italy, that is, until I got very sick. I went to the doctor with a very deep chest cough. It made my whole body ache whenever I coughed. I was even bedridden for an entire weekend on the island of Capri. It was awful especially when I was missing out on this paradiso (luckily, my family would come over to visit me later and we would go back to Capri again). The doctor told me I had laryngitis and gave me a prescription for cough syrup, but after several days, the cough syrup was not helping. My mom decided to be my wonderful mom and take matters into her own hands… she sent me a care package. Inside this box I found the following items:
- A green shirt for St. Patty’s Day
- A 3.5 pound bag of gummies from Wegmans bulk food
- A huge jar of Jif peanut butter
Not only was I feeling better in a day, but I was also enjoying Nutella and my beloved peanut butter. It was then that I realized that Nutella and peanut butter do not have to be mutually exclusive! We can love them both in their own delicious, heavenly ways. So this recipe for peanut butter and Nutella Rice Krispy bites is based off of my epiphany. Hope you guys enjoy this recipe!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Mix the peanut butter, Nutella, sugar, and melted butter in a mixing bowl until combined.
- In a Ziploc bag, place Rice Krispies and crush with a rolling pin.
- Add Rice Krispies to peanut butter mix and stir with wooden spoon until a dough forms.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Roll dough into 1″ balls, dip into melted chocolate, and place on wax paper.
- Immediately top bites with sprinkles while chocolate is still wet.
- Allow bites to dry completely before eating.
- Can also be stored in Tupperware in the refrigerator.